At Celtic Cross Curriculum we have determined 'British Values' to be:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
As schools we aim to develop and nurture these by:
- Planning an engaging assembly programme with core ethical values and beliefs at its heart.
- A well-structured curriculum including PSHE, Citizenship and Beliefs and Ethics.
- An effective and well-mannered School Council enabling pupils to actively participate in the democratic process.
- Promoting diversity through collapsed curriculum events.
- A broad and balanced curriculum that addresses many of these core values across a range of subjects.
- Having a clearly communicated and consistently applied Behaviour Policy so that pupils understand what is expected of them and the consequences of both meeting and failing to meet these expectations.
- Adopting restorative approaches, where possible, to resolve any difficulties between member of our school community.
- Having a rigorous commitment to pupil safety ( for example: Child Protection/ Safeguarding procedures, Heath and Safety procedures, Staff code of Conduct and Teacher Standards).